Updated 4:58 p.m.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Local road conditions are hazardous throughout Fairfield County as snow continues to fall Saturday afternoon.
Connecticut State Police report numerous accidents in the Norwalk area. No road closings were reported. Major highways were in decent shape, but driving on secondary roads was treacherous.
Snow began falling Saturday around noon in Norwalk and, by 1 p.m., had pushed into Weston. by 4:45 p.m., some areas were seeing about 2 inches of accumulation.
The forecast is calling for two to four inches of wet snow, according to the National Weather Service.
Light snow and windy weather is predicted for Saturday night, with the temperature dropping to 25.
Sunday’s forecast calls for partly sunny, windy and cold weather, with a high of 35.
Sun and clouds are predicted for Monday, with a high of 35 with a 20 percent chance of snow Monday night.
Mostly cloudy weather with a high of 30 is predicted for New Year’s Day.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Warmer Temps Bring Threat Of Storms For New Canaan