FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Fairfield County is forecast to see wind gusts of up to 60 mph and rain throughout Wednesday evening and night.
A high wind watch has been issued by the National Weather Service for the area through early Thursday. Sustained winds will be 25 to 35 mph.
The strong winds will be accompanied by rain and possibly a thunderstorm. The rain is likely to start in the morning Wednesday and last throughout the day.
Residents are warned to move unsecured items left outside and stay inside during the periods of high winds as they could bring down trees, branches and power lines. Power outages are possible.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn
- 4 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 5 Marinelli's 300th Career Win Keeps New Canaan Atop State Football Ratings