FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Fairfield County is forecast to see wind gusts of up to 60 mph and rain throughout Wednesday evening and night.
A high wind watch has been issued by the National Weather Service for the area through early Thursday. Sustained winds will be 25 to 35 mph.
The strong winds will be accompanied by rain and possibly a thunderstorm. The rain is likely to start in the morning Wednesday and last throughout the day.
Residents are warned to move unsecured items left outside and stay inside during the periods of high winds as they could bring down trees, branches and power lines. Power outages are possible.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola