STAMFORD, Conn. — Stamford resident Peter Lanza, father of Newtown school shooter Adam Lanza, has released a statement about Friday’s incident.
“Our family is grieving along with all those who have been affected by this enormous tragedy. No words can truly express how heartbroken we are,” Lanza’s statement said, as reported in the Hartford Courant.
The statement went on to say that he is cooperating fully with law enforcement and that his family is also trying to make sense of the shootings and trying to find answers as well.
A state trooper was stationed at Lanza's home on Bartina Lane, and the street was quiet except for the large group of reporters outside the home.
Lanza is tax director and vice president/taxes at General Electrical Energy Financial Services where he has worked since August of last year, according to his LinkedIn profile.
He earned his bachelor’s degree from University of Massachusetts at Lowell, and a master’s degree from Bentley University, both in taxation, the profile said.
- 1 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, New Canaan
- 2 Officials Hail New Gates At Notorious Rail Crossing On New Canaan Branch
- 3 Surge Of Warm Weather Heads For New Canaan
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says