STAMFORD, Conn. — Stamford resident Peter Lanza, father of Newtown school shooter Adam Lanza, has released a statement about Friday’s incident.
“Our family is grieving along with all those who have been affected by this enormous tragedy. No words can truly express how heartbroken we are,” Lanza’s statement said, as reported in the Hartford Courant.
The statement went on to say that he is cooperating fully with law enforcement and that his family is also trying to make sense of the shootings and trying to find answers as well.
A state trooper was stationed at Lanza's home on Bartina Lane, and the street was quiet except for the large group of reporters outside the home.
Lanza is tax director and vice president/taxes at General Electrical Energy Financial Services where he has worked since August of last year, according to his LinkedIn profile.
He earned his bachelor’s degree from University of Massachusetts at Lowell, and a master’s degree from Bentley University, both in taxation, the profile said.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website