FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — A freezing rain advisory was issued for Fairfield County starting at 3 a.m. Monday.
The advisory, issued by the National Weather Service, lasts through 9 a.m. Monday. The freezing rain could be mixed with snow and sleet as well as traces of ice accumulation.
With the rain will be winds of 5 to 10 mph with temperatures in the upper 20s to low 30s.
Travel though Monday morning could be dangerous given the freezing rain and any still unplowed roads.
Drivers should be careful on the roads as black ice and slippery roads may be an issue.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium Christens New $2.7 Million Spirit Of The Sound
- 5 Injury To Major League Catcher From New Canaan Tops Week’s News