The following is a message from Mike Handler, New Canaan’s Emergency Management Director.
NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Connecticut Light & Power has 68 daytime crews working to restore power to the following areas: Oenoke, West, Silvermine, Carter, Smith Ridge, Huckleberry Hill, Valley, Canoe Hill, Knollwood, Pequot and Buttery.
Again, these are general areas and CL&P states that there is not a single street that will not be serviced throughout today. CL&P also has four electricians out working on single service restoration. If you do not have power and your neighbors do, you must call CL&P again at 800-286-2000. CL&P again confirmed their promise to have power restored by 11:30 p.m. Further updates will be given during the day today as new information is brought to our attention. New Canaan Library, Lapham Community Center, Waveny House, and the Outback Teen Center are all open for warming, wi-fi and charging. Please continue to call the New Canaan Emergency Operations Center at 203- 594-4100 with your concerns. Thank you.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk