The following is a message from Mike Handler, New Canaan’s Emergency Management Director.
NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Connecticut Light & Power has 68 daytime crews working to restore power to the following areas: Oenoke, West, Silvermine, Carter, Smith Ridge, Huckleberry Hill, Valley, Canoe Hill, Knollwood, Pequot and Buttery.
Again, these are general areas and CL&P states that there is not a single street that will not be serviced throughout today. CL&P also has four electricians out working on single service restoration. If you do not have power and your neighbors do, you must call CL&P again at 800-286-2000. CL&P again confirmed their promise to have power restored by 11:30 p.m. Further updates will be given during the day today as new information is brought to our attention. New Canaan Library, Lapham Community Center, Waveny House, and the Outback Teen Center are all open for warming, wi-fi and charging. Please continue to call the New Canaan Emergency Operations Center at 203- 594-4100 with your concerns. Thank you.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 2 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Target, With Four Fairfield County Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs