NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- New Canaan police are investigating to determine whether alcohol was a factor in a four-car crash on Silvermine Road that left an 18-year-old man in critical condition. The man is now showing signs of improvement .
- A 51-year-old New York man Joshua Slavitt was killed in a one-car accident in Norwalk near the New Canaan border.
- The southbound Merritt Parkway was reopened in Greenwich, after an accident involving an overturned vehicle.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission held a public hearing regarding a proposed project on Cross Street.
- New Canaan's Olivia Flora was awarded a scholarship during a ceremony at Eastern Connecticut State University.
- Republicans held firm in New Canaan as voters re-elected incumbent Tom O'Dea over his Green Party challenger David Bedell.
- New Canaan moved into the top spot in the MaxPreps’ football rankings while Darien and Fairfield Prep also remained in the top 10 as the high school season hits the stretch drive.
Gov. Dannel P. Malloy was re-elected over his Republican opponent Tom Foley.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.