NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan town offices will open on a 90-minute delay Monday as the town continues cleaning up from the weekend blizzard.
The announcement was made on the town’s website on Sunday. New Canaan was hit with 22 inches of snow from the storm, which blanketed the entire state.
No decision has been made about reopening New Canaan Public Schools. Superintendent Mary Kolek said Sunday that while New Canaan fared well in the storm, teachers and bus drivers living in other towns may be unable to get their cars out of parking lots or have access to roads.
New Canaan schools have been closed for eight days in the 2012-13 school year. Under calendar changes approved in December, the school calendar will now have 180 days and classes will be held on April 15, originally the first day of the April school vacation break.
- 1 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 2 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 3 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 New Canaan Allstate Agent Michael Saunders Honored For Service