NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan town offices will open on a 90-minute delay Monday as the town continues cleaning up from the weekend blizzard.
The announcement was made on the town’s website on Sunday. New Canaan was hit with 22 inches of snow from the storm, which blanketed the entire state.
No decision has been made about reopening New Canaan Public Schools. Superintendent Mary Kolek said Sunday that while New Canaan fared well in the storm, teachers and bus drivers living in other towns may be unable to get their cars out of parking lots or have access to roads.
New Canaan schools have been closed for eight days in the 2012-13 school year. Under calendar changes approved in December, the school calendar will now have 180 days and classes will be held on April 15, originally the first day of the April school vacation break.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola