Update: 8 a.m.: Metro-North reported service was restored in both directions.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North suspended rail service Friday morning in both directions between Stamford and Grand Central Station due to wire damage. Riders should expect delays of 60 to 90 minutes.
The wire damage is between Stamford and Rye, N.Y. There was not a time estimate on when regular service would resume.
"Power Department crews are currently on the scene making repairs.," Metro-North reported on its website.
Customers should check new.mta.info/mnr for updates.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 Injury To Major League Catcher From New Canaan Tops Week’s News
- 5 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn