Update: 8 a.m.: Metro-North reported service was restored in both directions.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North suspended rail service Friday morning in both directions between Stamford and Grand Central Station due to wire damage. Riders should expect delays of 60 to 90 minutes.
The wire damage is between Stamford and Rye, N.Y. There was not a time estimate on when regular service would resume.
"Power Department crews are currently on the scene making repairs.," Metro-North reported on its website.
Customers should check new.mta.info/mnr for updates.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Straight A's For New Canaan Schools Tops Week’s News
- 5 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects