Update: 8 a.m.: Metro-North reported service was restored in both directions.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North suspended rail service Friday morning in both directions between Stamford and Grand Central Station due to wire damage. Riders should expect delays of 60 to 90 minutes.
The wire damage is between Stamford and Rye, N.Y. There was not a time estimate on when regular service would resume.
"Power Department crews are currently on the scene making repairs.," Metro-North reported on its website.
Customers should check new.mta.info/mnr for updates.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year