Update: 8 a.m.: Metro-North reported service was restored in both directions.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North suspended rail service Friday morning in both directions between Stamford and Grand Central Station due to wire damage. Riders should expect delays of 60 to 90 minutes.
The wire damage is between Stamford and Rye, N.Y. There was not a time estimate on when regular service would resume.
"Power Department crews are currently on the scene making repairs.," Metro-North reported on its website.
Customers should check new.mta.info/mnr for updates.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 4 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M