Update: 8 a.m.: Metro-North reported service was restored in both directions.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North suspended rail service Friday morning in both directions between Stamford and Grand Central Station due to wire damage. Riders should expect delays of 60 to 90 minutes.
The wire damage is between Stamford and Rye, N.Y. There was not a time estimate on when regular service would resume.
"Power Department crews are currently on the scene making repairs.," Metro-North reported on its website.
Customers should check new.mta.info/mnr for updates.
- 1 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 5 New Canaan Could See 4 To 8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday