Update: 8 a.m.: Metro-North reported service was restored in both directions.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North suspended rail service Friday morning in both directions between Stamford and Grand Central Station due to wire damage. Riders should expect delays of 60 to 90 minutes.
The wire damage is between Stamford and Rye, N.Y. There was not a time estimate on when regular service would resume.
"Power Department crews are currently on the scene making repairs.," Metro-North reported on its website.
Customers should check new.mta.info/mnr for updates.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 2 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme
- 3 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County
- 4 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 5 New Cannan Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday