Update: 8 a.m.: Metro-North reported service was restored in both directions.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North suspended rail service Friday morning in both directions between Stamford and Grand Central Station due to wire damage. Riders should expect delays of 60 to 90 minutes.
The wire damage is between Stamford and Rye, N.Y. There was not a time estimate on when regular service would resume.
"Power Department crews are currently on the scene making repairs.," Metro-North reported on its website.
Customers should check new.mta.info/mnr for updates.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks