NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- New Canaan police charged a 16-year-old girl with leaving the scene of an accident while driving with friends.
- Longtime New Canaan educator Joanne LaVista, acting principal of West Elementary School, will retire at the end of June after a 34-year career with the district.
- Four Greenwich residents are among the 500 richest people in the world, according to a newly released list from Forbes.
- Forbes Magazine has rated Southern Connecticut as the nation's second most overpriced area to live in.
- New Canaan Police arrested a local man on multiple charges after a domestic incident with his wife.
- BCM Media, a private media consulting firm, is moving to a new larger office space next month at 30 Old Kings Highway S. in Darien from its previous location in New Canaan.
- A recent report revealed that Fairfield County drivers spent approximately 42 hours snarled in traffic jams in 2013.