NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The historic house and barn that had stood at White Oak Shade Road in New Canaan for more than a century were razed recently, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
A notice for demolotion of the house and barn was posted in October, but New Canaan town ordinance mandates a two-week delay before a permit can be issued, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
The home was most recently owned by attorney Richard Brinkerhoff and his wife before it was sold to a developer, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend