NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The historic house and barn that had stood at White Oak Shade Road in New Canaan for more than a century were razed recently, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
A notice for demolotion of the house and barn was posted in October, but New Canaan town ordinance mandates a two-week delay before a permit can be issued, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
The home was most recently owned by attorney Richard Brinkerhoff and his wife before it was sold to a developer, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow