NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The historic house and barn that had stood at White Oak Shade Road in New Canaan for more than a century were razed recently, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
A notice for demolotion of the house and barn was posted in October, but New Canaan town ordinance mandates a two-week delay before a permit can be issued, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
The home was most recently owned by attorney Richard Brinkerhoff and his wife before it was sold to a developer, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview