NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The historic house and barn that had stood at White Oak Shade Road in New Canaan for more than a century were razed recently, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
A notice for demolotion of the house and barn was posted in October, but New Canaan town ordinance mandates a two-week delay before a permit can be issued, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
The home was most recently owned by attorney Richard Brinkerhoff and his wife before it was sold to a developer, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 New Canaan Democrats Named To Posts On Town Boards