FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Hang onto your hats Fairfield County: All of Connecticut, New York and New England, is under a wind advisory on Friday, according to the National Weather Service.
The wind advisory is in effect from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday. The hazards include strong and possibly damaging winds. In addition, showers are likely all day with temperatures in the 60s.
The wind will be south to southwest from 15 to 25 mph with gusts of up to 50 mph. The strongest winds are expected into Friday afternoon.
Downed trees and power lines are likely, with the possibility of power outages. The strong winds will also make it difficult to drive large vehicles. The weather service urges drives to use extra caution under these windy conditions.
A Gale Warning is also in effect for the waters of Long Island Sound off Connecticut. Patchy fog is possible Friday morning along the Sound. Southwest winds of 15 to 20 knots are predicted, with gusts of up to 40 knots and waves of 2 to 3 feet.
- 1 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan
- 5 Power Outages Restored In New Canaan