NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Elizabeth J. Lewis, a resident of New Canaan for more than 35 years, died Sunday, Feb. 2. She was 77.
Lewis was born Oct. 23, 1936, in West Caldwell, N.J., daughter of Carl Ivan and Ruth Kyle Johnson. She grew up in Norwalk and graduated from Norwalk High School. She attended Smith College and graduated with a degree in government.
After college, she moved to New York City where she worked at McGraw Hill. After her marriage, she moved to Norwalk and then later New Canaan. She was a parishioner of St. Mark’s Church and was a member of Staying Put in New Canaan.
Lewis is survived by her daughter, Kyle Paige (Robert) of Miami; son, Nicholas H. Lewis and his partner, Lisa Gottheil of New York City; brother, Robert Kyle Johnson of Aiken, S.C.; and four grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Richard S. Lewis.
Calling hours are Saturday, Feb. 8, from 2 to 5 p.m. at Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A memorial service will be held at St. Mark’s Church, New Canaan in the summer at a time to be announced.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Staying Put in New Canaan, PO Box 484, New Canaan, CT 06840; or the Josh Gottheil Memorial Fund for Oncology Nurses, 509 E. Holmes, Urbana, IL 61801.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 New Canaan Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms