NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Paul Brady Murray of New Canaan died Friday, Feb. 14. He was 90.
Murray was born Oct. 2, 1923, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Thomas and Marie Brady Murray. He served as a lieutenant in the Navy during World War II.
He graduated from Fordham Law School and subsequently entered the family business, Murray Manufacturing. Later, he became president of the East New York Savings Bank and later served in the same capacity with M & T Bank, from which he retired.
He was a member of the Order of Malta and the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre. He was also a member of Woodway Country Club, Ekwanak Country Club in Manchester, Vt., and the University Club in New York.
Murray is survived by his wife, Anne; eight daughters; three sons; three brothers; a sister; 23 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at St. Thomas More Church in Darien. Interment will take place at a later date in Manchester, Vt.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Murray’s memory may be made to Crudem Foundation, P.O. Box 804, Ludlow, MA 01056.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'