NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Paul Brady Murray of New Canaan died Friday, Feb. 14. He was 90.
Murray was born Oct. 2, 1923, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Thomas and Marie Brady Murray. He served as a lieutenant in the Navy during World War II.
He graduated from Fordham Law School and subsequently entered the family business, Murray Manufacturing. Later, he became president of the East New York Savings Bank and later served in the same capacity with M & T Bank, from which he retired.
He was a member of the Order of Malta and the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre. He was also a member of Woodway Country Club, Ekwanak Country Club in Manchester, Vt., and the University Club in New York.
Murray is survived by his wife, Anne; eight daughters; three sons; three brothers; a sister; 23 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at St. Thomas More Church in Darien. Interment will take place at a later date in Manchester, Vt.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Murray’s memory may be made to Crudem Foundation, P.O. Box 804, Ludlow, MA 01056.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods