NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Shirley Marie Stenta, a former longtime resident of New Canaan, died Dec. 29. She was 76.
The daughter of Algerino and Mary (Pia) Stenta, she graduated from New Canaan High School in 1954. Stenta was a 64-year resident of New Canaan and a parishioner of St. Aloysius Church.
She also previously volunteered with the New Canaan Library. She was most recently of Zephyrhills, Fla., where she lived for 10 years.
Stenta is survived by a brother, Al (Judy) Stenta, of Lutz, Fla.
A graveside service at Lakeview Cemetery will be announced. Hoyt Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Westbrooke Manor, 6701 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills, FL 33542.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'