NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Shirley Marie Stenta, a former longtime resident of New Canaan, died Dec. 29. She was 76.
The daughter of Algerino and Mary (Pia) Stenta, she graduated from New Canaan High School in 1954. Stenta was a 64-year resident of New Canaan and a parishioner of St. Aloysius Church.
She also previously volunteered with the New Canaan Library. She was most recently of Zephyrhills, Fla., where she lived for 10 years.
Stenta is survived by a brother, Al (Judy) Stenta, of Lutz, Fla.
A graveside service at Lakeview Cemetery will be announced. Hoyt Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Westbrooke Manor, 6701 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills, FL 33542.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 Fire Destroys Multi-Million Dollar Pound Ridge Home