NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Shirley Marie Stenta, a former longtime resident of New Canaan, died Dec. 29. She was 76.
The daughter of Algerino and Mary (Pia) Stenta, she graduated from New Canaan High School in 1954. Stenta was a 64-year resident of New Canaan and a parishioner of St. Aloysius Church.
She also previously volunteered with the New Canaan Library. She was most recently of Zephyrhills, Fla., where she lived for 10 years.
Stenta is survived by a brother, Al (Judy) Stenta, of Lutz, Fla.
A graveside service at Lakeview Cemetery will be announced. Hoyt Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Westbrooke Manor, 6701 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills, FL 33542.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary