NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was charged Feb. 27 with stealing a computer from a New Canaan Radio Shack in late December, according to police.
Wayne Nasution, 50, was charged with fifth-degree larceny and second-degree criminal trover, meaning that the item he stole decreased in value, police said. He was released on a $500 bond and will go to court on March 13.
An employee of the New Canaan Radio Shack received a call from a man on Dec. 28 asking if the store had laptop computers, police said. About 15 minutes later, a man came in identifying himself as the caller and the employee asked him to wait a few minutes while he helped another customer, police said. When the employee turned around about five minutes later, police said he saw the man leaving the store. The employee also saw that a display of four laptops was missing one computer, police said.
Officer George Caponera traced the number and identified the caller as Nasution, police said. After having a conversation with Nasution, Caponera had probable cause to apply for an arrest warrant, police said. Nasution turned himself in on Feb. 27 after being advised of the warrant.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape