NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was charged Feb. 27 with stealing a computer from a New Canaan Radio Shack in late December, according to police.
Wayne Nasution, 50, was charged with fifth-degree larceny and second-degree criminal trover, meaning that the item he stole decreased in value, police said. He was released on a $500 bond and will go to court on March 13.
An employee of the New Canaan Radio Shack received a call from a man on Dec. 28 asking if the store had laptop computers, police said. About 15 minutes later, a man came in identifying himself as the caller and the employee asked him to wait a few minutes while he helped another customer, police said. When the employee turned around about five minutes later, police said he saw the man leaving the store. The employee also saw that a display of four laptops was missing one computer, police said.
Officer George Caponera traced the number and identified the caller as Nasution, police said. After having a conversation with Nasution, Caponera had probable cause to apply for an arrest warrant, police said. Nasution turned himself in on Feb. 27 after being advised of the warrant.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan