NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A vigilant Metro-North Railroad conductor prevented a bike from being stolen at the New Canaan Train Station, action that may lead to the arrest of a suspect in a number of train station larcenies.
The conductor saw a man get out of a car, cut the lock off a bike and try to take the bike onto a train, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said. The conductor confronted the suspect, who left the bike and fled the area, the sergeant said.
The attempted bike larceny took place July 9 just after 9:30 a.m.
Metropolitan Transit Authority Police have been investigating the incident and know the identity of the suspect, Ogrinc said.
A number of bikes have been stolen from Metro-North train stations, she said.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 Fire Destroys Multi-Million Dollar Pound Ridge Home