NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A vigilant Metro-North Railroad conductor prevented a bike from being stolen at the New Canaan Train Station, action that may lead to the arrest of a suspect in a number of train station larcenies.
The conductor saw a man get out of a car, cut the lock off a bike and try to take the bike onto a train, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said. The conductor confronted the suspect, who left the bike and fled the area, the sergeant said.
The attempted bike larceny took place July 9 just after 9:30 a.m.
Metropolitan Transit Authority Police have been investigating the incident and know the identity of the suspect, Ogrinc said.
A number of bikes have been stolen from Metro-North train stations, she said.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan