NEW CANAAN, Conn. - New Canaan Police busted an underage drinking party at a home on Harrison Avenue on Friday night.
A 17-year-old boy was issued infractions on charges of possession of alcohol by a minor and failure to halt possession of alcohol by minors.
Police received a call from a neighbor complaining about loud music coming from a loft above the house's detached garage. Responding officers were greeted by the 17-year-old. Seven other teens, ages 15 to 17, were inside, police said. Several alcoholic beverage containers were open, and evidence of drinking games was seen, police said.
Police spoke to the parents in the main house, who told the officers they heard the noise but did not know the teens were drinking.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan