NEW CANAAN, Conn. - New Canaan Police busted an underage drinking party at a home on Harrison Avenue on Friday night.
A 17-year-old boy was issued infractions on charges of possession of alcohol by a minor and failure to halt possession of alcohol by minors.
Police received a call from a neighbor complaining about loud music coming from a loft above the house's detached garage. Responding officers were greeted by the 17-year-old. Seven other teens, ages 15 to 17, were inside, police said. Several alcoholic beverage containers were open, and evidence of drinking games was seen, police said.
Police spoke to the parents in the main house, who told the officers they heard the noise but did not know the teens were drinking.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'