NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police warned residents Friday about a possible scam artist posing as a New Canaan Police officer over the phone.
Two residents reported receiving phone calls Friday afternoon from a man claiming to be a police officer, police said. The man told each resident that they had missed a court date and asked the person to wire money to him, according to police reports.
Both calls came from the number 203-450-7091, which is not assigned to the New Canaan Police.
Sgt. James Milligan clarified Friday that the New Canaan Police are not calling residents to ask for money. Anyone receiving one of these calls should contact the real police number: 204-594-3500.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money