NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police warned residents Friday about a possible scam artist posing as a New Canaan Police officer over the phone.
Two residents reported receiving phone calls Friday afternoon from a man claiming to be a police officer, police said. The man told each resident that they had missed a court date and asked the person to wire money to him, according to police reports.
Both calls came from the number 203-450-7091, which is not assigned to the New Canaan Police.
Sgt. James Milligan clarified Friday that the New Canaan Police are not calling residents to ask for money. Anyone receiving one of these calls should contact the real police number: 204-594-3500.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'