NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police warned residents Friday about a possible scam artist posing as a New Canaan Police officer over the phone.
Two residents reported receiving phone calls Friday afternoon from a man claiming to be a police officer, police said. The man told each resident that they had missed a court date and asked the person to wire money to him, according to police reports.
Both calls came from the number 203-450-7091, which is not assigned to the New Canaan Police.
Sgt. James Milligan clarified Friday that the New Canaan Police are not calling residents to ask for money. Anyone receiving one of these calls should contact the real police number: 204-594-3500.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 New Canaan Letter: Teacher Bullying Is Unacceptable