NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police warned residents Friday about a possible scam artist posing as a New Canaan Police officer over the phone.
Two residents reported receiving phone calls Friday afternoon from a man claiming to be a police officer, police said. The man told each resident that they had missed a court date and asked the person to wire money to him, according to police reports.
Both calls came from the number 203-450-7091, which is not assigned to the New Canaan Police.
Sgt. James Milligan clarified Friday that the New Canaan Police are not calling residents to ask for money. Anyone receiving one of these calls should contact the real police number: 204-594-3500.
- 1 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Worked For J.Crew In New Canaan
- 2 Police: New Canaan Family Slept Through Home Break-In
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn