NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan woman lost $11,000 when four stolen checks were cashed, New Canaan Police said.
Police said the 74-year-old St. John Place resident reported Friday that four checks were missing from her checkbook. The checks were used to buy $11,000 in merchandise between Dec. 19 and Jan. 2, police said.
Police did not elaborate on where the checks were cashed. Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said police did not know what was purchased. Police are investigating the theft.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary