NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan woman lost $11,000 when four stolen checks were cashed, New Canaan Police said.
Police said the 74-year-old St. John Place resident reported Friday that four checks were missing from her checkbook. The checks were used to buy $11,000 in merchandise between Dec. 19 and Jan. 2, police said.
Police did not elaborate on where the checks were cashed. Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said police did not know what was purchased. Police are investigating the theft.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan