NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan woman lost $11,000 when four stolen checks were cashed, New Canaan Police said.
Police said the 74-year-old St. John Place resident reported Friday that four checks were missing from her checkbook. The checks were used to buy $11,000 in merchandise between Dec. 19 and Jan. 2, police said.
Police did not elaborate on where the checks were cashed. Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said police did not know what was purchased. Police are investigating the theft.
- 1 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 2 Population Grows In New Canaan, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 4 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 5 Showers, Thunderstorms Could Spoil New Canaan's Memorial Day