NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan woman lost $11,000 when four stolen checks were cashed, New Canaan Police said.
Police said the 74-year-old St. John Place resident reported Friday that four checks were missing from her checkbook. The checks were used to buy $11,000 in merchandise between Dec. 19 and Jan. 2, police said.
Police did not elaborate on where the checks were cashed. Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said police did not know what was purchased. Police are investigating the theft.
- 1 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan