NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan woman lost $11,000 when four stolen checks were cashed, New Canaan Police said.
Police said the 74-year-old St. John Place resident reported Friday that four checks were missing from her checkbook. The checks were used to buy $11,000 in merchandise between Dec. 19 and Jan. 2, police said.
Police did not elaborate on where the checks were cashed. Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said police did not know what was purchased. Police are investigating the theft.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts