NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are investigating a possible mail fraud case in which a pair of jeans was apparently stolen.
A woman from Brookwood Lane contacted police at about 3:19 p.m. Dec. 20 to report that her mailbox held an envelope addressed to a woman on Canoe Hill Road and an empty package that was supposed to contain a pair of jeans intended for a woman on Devonwood Lane.
The Brookwood Lane resident contacted the other two women about the situation and the woman from Devonwood Lane confirmed she was expecting a pair of jeans, valued at $72, in the mail, police said.
Police said they noticed several pieces of mail in the wrong mailboxes on Canoe Hill Road. Police are warning residents to be aware of suspicious people and reminding them that no one is allowed to open a person’s mailbox but a postal worker.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday