NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are investigating a possible mail fraud case in which a pair of jeans was apparently stolen.
A woman from Brookwood Lane contacted police at about 3:19 p.m. Dec. 20 to report that her mailbox held an envelope addressed to a woman on Canoe Hill Road and an empty package that was supposed to contain a pair of jeans intended for a woman on Devonwood Lane.
The Brookwood Lane resident contacted the other two women about the situation and the woman from Devonwood Lane confirmed she was expecting a pair of jeans, valued at $72, in the mail, police said.
Police said they noticed several pieces of mail in the wrong mailboxes on Canoe Hill Road. Police are warning residents to be aware of suspicious people and reminding them that no one is allowed to open a person’s mailbox but a postal worker.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts