NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are investigating a possible mail fraud case in which a pair of jeans was apparently stolen.
A woman from Brookwood Lane contacted police at about 3:19 p.m. Dec. 20 to report that her mailbox held an envelope addressed to a woman on Canoe Hill Road and an empty package that was supposed to contain a pair of jeans intended for a woman on Devonwood Lane.
The Brookwood Lane resident contacted the other two women about the situation and the woman from Devonwood Lane confirmed she was expecting a pair of jeans, valued at $72, in the mail, police said.
Police said they noticed several pieces of mail in the wrong mailboxes on Canoe Hill Road. Police are warning residents to be aware of suspicious people and reminding them that no one is allowed to open a person’s mailbox but a postal worker.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years