NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are investigating a possible mail fraud case in which a pair of jeans was apparently stolen.
A woman from Brookwood Lane contacted police at about 3:19 p.m. Dec. 20 to report that her mailbox held an envelope addressed to a woman on Canoe Hill Road and an empty package that was supposed to contain a pair of jeans intended for a woman on Devonwood Lane.
The Brookwood Lane resident contacted the other two women about the situation and the woman from Devonwood Lane confirmed she was expecting a pair of jeans, valued at $72, in the mail, police said.
Police said they noticed several pieces of mail in the wrong mailboxes on Canoe Hill Road. Police are warning residents to be aware of suspicious people and reminding them that no one is allowed to open a person’s mailbox but a postal worker.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan