NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan police are investigating how someone accessed a resident’s identity and tried to open accounts in his name.
Police said the 58-year-old Ponus Ridge Road resident reported Tuesday \someone tried to open or did open credit card accounts using his name.
In one case, the man’s identity was used to open a charge card account at The Home Depot. Police said someone accrued about $685 in charges on that card last month. Officers noted someone tried to apply for another charge card last October. Police said the man would not be held responsible for the Home Depot charges.
- 1 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, New Canaan
- 2 Officials Hail New Gates At Notorious Rail Crossing On New Canaan Branch
- 3 Surge Of Warm Weather Heads For New Canaan
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says