NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan police are investigating how someone accessed a resident’s identity and tried to open accounts in his name.
Police said the 58-year-old Ponus Ridge Road resident reported Tuesday \someone tried to open or did open credit card accounts using his name.
In one case, the man’s identity was used to open a charge card account at The Home Depot. Police said someone accrued about $685 in charges on that card last month. Officers noted someone tried to apply for another charge card last October. Police said the man would not be held responsible for the Home Depot charges.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk