NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan police are investigating how someone accessed a resident’s identity and tried to open accounts in his name.
Police said the 58-year-old Ponus Ridge Road resident reported Tuesday \someone tried to open or did open credit card accounts using his name.
In one case, the man’s identity was used to open a charge card account at The Home Depot. Police said someone accrued about $685 in charges on that card last month. Officers noted someone tried to apply for another charge card last October. Police said the man would not be held responsible for the Home Depot charges.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield