NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan police are investigating how someone accessed a resident’s identity and tried to open accounts in his name.
Police said the 58-year-old Ponus Ridge Road resident reported Tuesday \someone tried to open or did open credit card accounts using his name.
In one case, the man’s identity was used to open a charge card account at The Home Depot. Police said someone accrued about $685 in charges on that card last month. Officers noted someone tried to apply for another charge card last October. Police said the man would not be held responsible for the Home Depot charges.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend