NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan police are investigating how someone accessed a resident’s identity and tried to open accounts in his name.
Police said the 58-year-old Ponus Ridge Road resident reported Tuesday \someone tried to open or did open credit card accounts using his name.
In one case, the man’s identity was used to open a charge card account at The Home Depot. Police said someone accrued about $685 in charges on that card last month. Officers noted someone tried to apply for another charge card last October. Police said the man would not be held responsible for the Home Depot charges.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash