Update, Aug. 30: The charages against the New Canaan woman have been dismissed.
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A New Canaan woman was charged with three motor vehicle violations after her car was involved in a hit-and-run accident in Fairfield last May.
A driver told Fairfield Police on May 10 that he was stopped on the Post Road near Sanford Street when his car was struck in the rear by another car. The second vehicle then fled on Sanford Street before police could arrive, according to the police report.
The other driver involved gave police a license plate number, which was traced back to an address on Ponus Ridge Road in New Canaan. Investigators are unsure if the car’s owner was driving at the time of the accident.
Police filed for a warrant for the owner’s arrest, and she turned herself in at Fairfield Police Headquarters Friday. She was charged with evading responsibility, following too closely and liability for the acts of another. She was released after posting a $250 bond and is due in court Aug.27.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 New Canaan Police Arrest Driver After High-Speed Chase
- 4 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 5 New Canaan, Darien Ranked 1-2 By MaxPreps As Football Title Game Nears