NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A female pedestrian suffered severe injuries after she was hit by a car Thursday evening while crossing Park Street near the New Canaan Train Station, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The 45-year-old woman, from New Canaan, was hit at about 7:30 p.m. and taken to Norwalk Hospital suffering from a broken leg and trauma, the Advertiser said.
Police had originally identified the victim's hometown as South Salem, N.Y., but corrected that Friday morning to New Canaan, the Advertiser said.
New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski told the Advertiser that the woman was not in the crosswalk, and the car had a green light.
The roads were closed the Elm and Park intersection late Thursday, and the driver was cooperating with police, the Advertiser said.
Read the full story here at the New Canaan Advertiser website.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years