UPDATE, 10 p.m.: The man who was struck by a train has died, Metro-North officials said Wednesday night.
GREENWICH, Conn. — A man walked onto the tracks near Davis Avenue in Greenwich and was hit by a train at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Metro-North authorities said.
The man, who has not been identified, was still alive and rushed to Stamford Hospital.
New Haven Line service had been suspended while Metropolitan Transit Authority Police conducted an investigation. As of 9:45 p.m., service was restored to three of four tracks with residual delays of up to 45 minutes, the rail service said.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 2 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme
- 3 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County
- 4 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 5 New Cannan Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday