FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Chris Murphy (D) has defeated Linda McMahon (R) in the race for Connecticut's U.S. Senate seat being vacated by the retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman, NBC reported Tuesday night.
The race was called in Murphy's favor just a half-hour after Connecticut's polls closed.
"McMahon did worse this time than she did the first time she ran," said Susan Cocco, Ridgefield's Democratic Town Committee chairwoman. Cocco added that McMahon's loss was proof that spending millions couldn't guarantee a win.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more Election 2012 updates.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'