NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Board of Selectmen meets in the Police Training Room at the New Canaan Police Department on Tuesday at 9 a.m.
Here is a summary of the planned agenda for the meeting:
- Approval of a request from the assistant fire chief and the director of human resources for seven firefighters to attend the Firehouse EXPO Conference at an estimated cost of $5,000. The conference will be held in Baltimore from July 23 to 27.
- Discussion and vote on a Richmond Hill Storage Building project and acceptance of a Pre-Development Historic Preservation Technical Assistance Grant.. The grant will be used for a conditions assessment for the repair and restoration/rehabilitation of the Richmond Hill Storage Building in Mead Park. Cost for the total project is $20,000. The grant is for $10,000 from the Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation. A matching amount will be provided by the town ($5,000) and by the New Canaan Preservation Alliance ($5,000).
- Approval of a request to renovate and improve certain athletic fields in Waveny Park. The improvements will include, among others, the installation of artificial turf and additional field lighting. The funds for the project will come entirely from private sources.
- Approval of a request from the Park and Recreation Commission to establish annual user fees for Spencer’s Run as follows: Residents - $25 for first dog, $15 for each additional dog. Maximum of three dogs. Non-Residents - $40 for first dog, $15 for each additional dog. Maximum of three dogs. The user fees will contribute toward the cost of installation of the swipe code system, entry gates and the future upkeep and maintenance of Spencer’s Run.
- Approval of a request from the Department of Public Works to enter into a contract as follows for the installation of a walking trail at East School for a total cost of $28,200.
- Approval of a request to enter into a contract with New England Infrastructure Inc. for $1,116,185 (plus a contingency of $167,400) for a total project of $1,283,585 for the replacement of the bridge on Huckleberry Hill Road over the Silvermine River.
- Approval of a request from the Police Department to enter into a contract with Ventosa Kennels for $12,000 for a new police canine, 6-8 weeks of training, lodging for the canine officer and related equipment and supplies. This project will be funded by private donations available in the Police K-9 Special Project Fund. Read more about the plan here in The Daily Voice.
- Approval of a request from the chief financial officer to enter a contract with Blum Shapiro for up to $60,000 for consulting services to assist in addressing the issues in the Finance Department presented by O’Connor Davies in the town audit and management letter.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday