NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Democrats will have their annual barbecue next month.
The event will be from 4-7 p.m., Sept. 8, at Kiwanis Park, Old Norwalk Road.
There will be plenty of food, as well as U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman and other Democratic officials in support of the party's local slate of candidates.
Tickets are $35 in advance and $45 at the door. Click here to buy tickets. Those 17 and under are free.
The event is the party's annual kickoff to the election season. This end-of-summer tradition celebrates the party's sense of community and serves as its official campaign season launch.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 New Police Officer, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In New Canaan
- 5 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby