NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Democrats will have their annual barbecue next month.
The event will be from 4-7 p.m., Sept. 8, at Kiwanis Park, Old Norwalk Road.
There will be plenty of food, as well as U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman and other Democratic officials in support of the party's local slate of candidates.
Tickets are $35 in advance and $45 at the door. Click here to buy tickets. Those 17 and under are free.
The event is the party's annual kickoff to the election season. This end-of-summer tradition celebrates the party's sense of community and serves as its official campaign season launch.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'