NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Democrats will have their annual barbecue next month.
The event will be from 4-7 p.m., Sept. 8, at Kiwanis Park, Old Norwalk Road.
There will be plenty of food, as well as U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman and other Democratic officials in support of the party's local slate of candidates.
Tickets are $35 in advance and $45 at the door. Click here to buy tickets. Those 17 and under are free.
The event is the party's annual kickoff to the election season. This end-of-summer tradition celebrates the party's sense of community and serves as its official campaign season launch.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place