NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan’s Democratic Town Committee has appointed Anita Peters and Bernard Simpkin as new Justices of the Peace, a release said.
In addition to the new appointees, several members were reappointed: Tim Brown, Susan Ceresa, Kathleen Corbet, Kit Devereaux, and Beth Jones, the release said.
“The selected individuals are very highly qualified and will serve the town of New Canaan to the best of their abilities,” the release said of the appointees.
Responsibilities for Justices of the Peace include: administer oaths, acknowledge the conveyance of real estate as well as primary and nomination petitions and above all perform marriages and civil unions.
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State