NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan’s Democratic Town Committee has appointed Anita Peters and Bernard Simpkin as new Justices of the Peace, a release said.
In addition to the new appointees, several members were reappointed: Tim Brown, Susan Ceresa, Kathleen Corbet, Kit Devereaux, and Beth Jones, the release said.
“The selected individuals are very highly qualified and will serve the town of New Canaan to the best of their abilities,” the release said of the appointees.
Responsibilities for Justices of the Peace include: administer oaths, acknowledge the conveyance of real estate as well as primary and nomination petitions and above all perform marriages and civil unions.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts