NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan’s Democratic Town Committee has appointed Anita Peters and Bernard Simpkin as new Justices of the Peace, a release said.
In addition to the new appointees, several members were reappointed: Tim Brown, Susan Ceresa, Kathleen Corbet, Kit Devereaux, and Beth Jones, the release said.
“The selected individuals are very highly qualified and will serve the town of New Canaan to the best of their abilities,” the release said of the appointees.
Responsibilities for Justices of the Peace include: administer oaths, acknowledge the conveyance of real estate as well as primary and nomination petitions and above all perform marriages and civil unions.
- 1 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan
- 5 Power Outages Restored In New Canaan