NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan’s Democratic Town Committee has appointed Anita Peters and Bernard Simpkin as new Justices of the Peace, a release said.
In addition to the new appointees, several members were reappointed: Tim Brown, Susan Ceresa, Kathleen Corbet, Kit Devereaux, and Beth Jones, the release said.
“The selected individuals are very highly qualified and will serve the town of New Canaan to the best of their abilities,” the release said of the appointees.
Responsibilities for Justices of the Peace include: administer oaths, acknowledge the conveyance of real estate as well as primary and nomination petitions and above all perform marriages and civil unions.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 Fire Destroys Multi-Million Dollar Pound Ridge Home