NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan School District has formed a search committee to help find two new principals to lead the East Elementary School and West Elementary School beginning by July.
The search committee is led by Gary Kass, director of human services, and includes: The assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction, the assistant superintendent for pupil and family services, the K-4 language arts coordinator, two principals, teachers from East and West Schools, PTC members from East and West Schools, and a member of the Board of Education.
Kass has also included the community during the search process by conducting focus groups with faculty and parents from both East and West schools.
The first round of interviews is tentatively planned for the first week in April. The search committee will conduct second round interviews as appropriate.
Finalists will then participate in interviews with Central Office administration.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place