NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk’s Lee Krost was named one of the winners in a contest to win a free trip to the Super Bowl.
Football legend Joe Namath presented the tickets to Krost. In a video broadcast on television on Sunday, Krost hugged Namath and said, “I’m gonna kiss you.”
Krost, 74, is the quarterback of a flag football team called "Leegion" in Stamford. “I came out there the first week, and I got these looks,’’ Krost said. “Where’s his wheelchair? But all of a sudden, you start playing some games, you start picking them apart, you start winning. And you get a little bit of a respect. And then a little bit more respect. I hate to brag, but I’m lighting it up, baby.”
The promotion was sponsored by the NFL. There were 10 finalists for the Super Bowl trip, and winners were determined by online voting.
Krost was one of three winners announced over the weekend. The final two winners will be announced Sunday.
Krost is the quarterback of a flag football team in Stamford. He also played in college and with a semi-pro team. Read a profile of Krost on The Daily Voice.
- 1 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7