FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The U.S. men’s hockey team will challenge rival Canada on Friday in the semifinals of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, looking for a chance to play in the gold medal game.
The game will be broadcast on NBC television and will stream online at NBCOlympics.com, starting at noon EST.
Sweden and Finland meet in the other semifinal. The semifinal winners advance to the gold medal game on Sunday. The losers of Friday’s games play for the bronze medal on Saturday.
New Canaan’s Max Pacioretty, Greenwich native Kevin Shattenkirk and Hamden native Jonathan Quick are members of Team USA, which has not lost a game in the Olympics. Canada is also undefeated.
Shattenkirk has played in all four games for Team USA and has three assists. Pacioretty has played in three games and has one assist. Quick is 3-0 and has stopped 72 of 77 shots.
Canada defeated the U.S., 2-0, for the gold medal in the 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver. The U.S. took silver.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'