FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The U.S. men’s hockey team will challenge rival Canada on Friday in the semifinals of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, looking for a chance to play in the gold medal game.
The game will be broadcast on NBC television and will stream online at NBCOlympics.com, starting at noon EST.
Sweden and Finland meet in the other semifinal. The semifinal winners advance to the gold medal game on Sunday. The losers of Friday’s games play for the bronze medal on Saturday.
New Canaan’s Max Pacioretty, Greenwich native Kevin Shattenkirk and Hamden native Jonathan Quick are members of Team USA, which has not lost a game in the Olympics. Canada is also undefeated.
Shattenkirk has played in all four games for Team USA and has three assists. Pacioretty has played in three games and has one assist. Quick is 3-0 and has stopped 72 of 77 shots.
Canada defeated the U.S., 2-0, for the gold medal in the 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver. The U.S. took silver.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48