FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference has postponed its wrestling and gymnastics championships due to Friday’s snowy weather forecast.
The league wrestling championships will be condensed into a one-day event Sunday at New Canaan High School beginning at 1 p.m. Only the top eight seeds in each weight class will participate in the tournament.
The gymnastics championship has been postponed to Saturday, Feb. 16, at Westhill High School.
The Class LL indoor track and field championships scheduled for Friday have been postponed until Sunday at 2 p.m.. Staples is the defending Class LL champion.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods