FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference has postponed its wrestling and gymnastics championships due to Friday’s snowy weather forecast.
The league wrestling championships will be condensed into a one-day event Sunday at New Canaan High School beginning at 1 p.m. Only the top eight seeds in each weight class will participate in the tournament.
The gymnastics championship has been postponed to Saturday, Feb. 16, at Westhill High School.
The Class LL indoor track and field championships scheduled for Friday have been postponed until Sunday at 2 p.m.. Staples is the defending Class LL champion.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield