FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference has postponed its wrestling and gymnastics championships due to Friday’s snowy weather forecast.
The league wrestling championships will be condensed into a one-day event Sunday at New Canaan High School beginning at 1 p.m. Only the top eight seeds in each weight class will participate in the tournament.
The gymnastics championship has been postponed to Saturday, Feb. 16, at Westhill High School.
The Class LL indoor track and field championships scheduled for Friday have been postponed until Sunday at 2 p.m.. Staples is the defending Class LL champion.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash