NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The New Canaan Black third-grade football team defeated Wilton White, 12-0, Saturday to win the Fairfield County Football League championship.
New Canaan finished the season 10-0, including playoff wins over New Canaan Red, 20-13, and Westport North, 18-0. New Canaan also beat Wilton White during the regular season, 18-0. The team shut out five opponents and allowed just 39 points all season.
New Canaan’s roster is Paul Matthew Ippolito, Ryan Anderson, Peter Benington, Chad Russo, Arthur Stedman, Milan Afshar, Henry Cunney, Conor Bailey, Vin Cognetta, Jack Krug, Dante Meloni, Connor Finnigan, Michael Sanseverino, Cole Schubert, Nicholas Garcia, Matthew Boland, Colin Sampson, Jewel Ritch, Beau Ahrens, Tyler Morse, Aidan Marks and Dillon Blair. Mike Cognetta coached the team with assistants Lou Garcia, Matt Russo, Lee Anderson and Thomas Sanseverino.
- 1 New Canaan Boasts Top Three Elementary Schools In Connecticut
- 2 New Canaan Man Gets 13 Years In Prison For Running Ponzi Scheme
- 3 New Canaan Ranked Second Best High School In Connecticut
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For New Canaan; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely