NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The New Canaan Black third-grade football team defeated Wilton White, 12-0, Saturday to win the Fairfield County Football League championship.
New Canaan finished the season 10-0, including playoff wins over New Canaan Red, 20-13, and Westport North, 18-0. New Canaan also beat Wilton White during the regular season, 18-0. The team shut out five opponents and allowed just 39 points all season.
New Canaan’s roster is Paul Matthew Ippolito, Ryan Anderson, Peter Benington, Chad Russo, Arthur Stedman, Milan Afshar, Henry Cunney, Conor Bailey, Vin Cognetta, Jack Krug, Dante Meloni, Connor Finnigan, Michael Sanseverino, Cole Schubert, Nicholas Garcia, Matthew Boland, Colin Sampson, Jewel Ritch, Beau Ahrens, Tyler Morse, Aidan Marks and Dillon Blair. Mike Cognetta coached the team with assistants Lou Garcia, Matt Russo, Lee Anderson and Thomas Sanseverino.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Letter: Teacher Bullying Is Unacceptable
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan