NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The New Canaan Black third-grade football team defeated Wilton White, 12-0, Saturday to win the Fairfield County Football League championship.
New Canaan finished the season 10-0, including playoff wins over New Canaan Red, 20-13, and Westport North, 18-0. New Canaan also beat Wilton White during the regular season, 18-0. The team shut out five opponents and allowed just 39 points all season.
New Canaan’s roster is Paul Matthew Ippolito, Ryan Anderson, Peter Benington, Chad Russo, Arthur Stedman, Milan Afshar, Henry Cunney, Conor Bailey, Vin Cognetta, Jack Krug, Dante Meloni, Connor Finnigan, Michael Sanseverino, Cole Schubert, Nicholas Garcia, Matthew Boland, Colin Sampson, Jewel Ritch, Beau Ahrens, Tyler Morse, Aidan Marks and Dillon Blair. Mike Cognetta coached the team with assistants Lou Garcia, Matt Russo, Lee Anderson and Thomas Sanseverino.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years