NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Sarah Mannelly, a sophomore lacrosse player at Boston College, was named the women's winner of the school's Eagle of the Week award.
Mannelly led the Eagles with five points against No. 1 North Carolina with four goals and an assist. The Tar Heels squeaked out a 15-14 victory over Boston College, which is ranked No. 5. BC is 7-2 overall and 1-2 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
She corralled a game-high three ground balls on the day. She leads the team in caused turnovers (9) and ranks second on the team in goals (19) and third in points (25).
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods