NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Sarah Mannelly, a sophomore lacrosse player at Boston College, was named the women's winner of the school's Eagle of the Week award.
Mannelly led the Eagles with five points against No. 1 North Carolina with four goals and an assist. The Tar Heels squeaked out a 15-14 victory over Boston College, which is ranked No. 5. BC is 7-2 overall and 1-2 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
She corralled a game-high three ground balls on the day. She leads the team in caused turnovers (9) and ranks second on the team in goals (19) and third in points (25).
- 1 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Canaan
- 4 New Canaan Panel To Examine 'Who, What, Why' Of College Admissions Process
- 5 Missing Boater, Arrest Of Assault Suspect Top Week's News In New Canaan