NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Sarah Mannelly, a sophomore lacrosse player at Boston College, was named the women's winner of the school's Eagle of the Week award.
Mannelly led the Eagles with five points against No. 1 North Carolina with four goals and an assist. The Tar Heels squeaked out a 15-14 victory over Boston College, which is ranked No. 5. BC is 7-2 overall and 1-2 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
She corralled a game-high three ground balls on the day. She leads the team in caused turnovers (9) and ranks second on the team in goals (19) and third in points (25).
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan