NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The Whirlwind Diving team from the New Canaan YMCA had an outstanding showing as it hosted an invitational meet.
Whirlwind had 16 top-five finishes in a meet that included 165 divers in 42 events. Teams from six states competed in events that included Novice, Junior Olympic, Synchronized and Masters divers.
Whirlwind had five winners in Junior Olympic events, four second-place finishers and four third-place finishers.
Whilwinds Junior Olympic divers are Piper Van Wagenen, August Hibler, Owen Stevens, Wiley Schmidt, Rachel Burston, Genevieve Angerame, Kylie Towbin, Kirsten Parkinson and Timothy Luz.
Hibler, of Pound Ridge, N.Y., had a fantastic diving debut for the team, taking first place in both of his events. Angerame put up her best 3-meter score, propelling her to first place in that event. Stamford’s Burston and Towbin, of New Canaan, continued their strong seasons, each winning their 1-meter events.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk