NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The Whirlwind Diving team from the New Canaan YMCA had an outstanding showing as it hosted an invitational meet.
Whirlwind had 16 top-five finishes in a meet that included 165 divers in 42 events. Teams from six states competed in events that included Novice, Junior Olympic, Synchronized and Masters divers.
Whirlwind had five winners in Junior Olympic events, four second-place finishers and four third-place finishers.
Whilwinds Junior Olympic divers are Piper Van Wagenen, August Hibler, Owen Stevens, Wiley Schmidt, Rachel Burston, Genevieve Angerame, Kylie Towbin, Kirsten Parkinson and Timothy Luz.
Hibler, of Pound Ridge, N.Y., had a fantastic diving debut for the team, taking first place in both of his events. Angerame put up her best 3-meter score, propelling her to first place in that event. Stamford’s Burston and Towbin, of New Canaan, continued their strong seasons, each winning their 1-meter events.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts