NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The New Canaan-based Whirlwind Diving team got off to a good start for the season by grabbing seven first-place medals in the Lord of the Boards meet in Bridgewater, N.J.
Whirlwind also had seven runner-up medals and two third-place finishes in the 19 Junior Olympic events. In all, 19 Whirlwind divers placed in the top 10.
Divers from New Canaan led Whirlwind. Kylie Towbin and Anne Farly won both the 1- and 3-meter boards in their age groups. Claire Ross won the 1-meter board, while Bobby Ross had a second- and third-place finish.
Tom Kalinowski and Cameron Rhind placed in the top 10 of their events, and Katie Kushner finished eighth on the one-meter board in her first competition.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 4 New Canaan Letter: Teacher Bullying Is Unacceptable
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan