NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The New Canaan-based Whirlwind Diving team got off to a good start for the season by grabbing seven first-place medals in the Lord of the Boards meet in Bridgewater, N.J.
Whirlwind also had seven runner-up medals and two third-place finishes in the 19 Junior Olympic events. In all, 19 Whirlwind divers placed in the top 10.
Divers from New Canaan led Whirlwind. Kylie Towbin and Anne Farly won both the 1- and 3-meter boards in their age groups. Claire Ross won the 1-meter board, while Bobby Ross had a second- and third-place finish.
Tom Kalinowski and Cameron Rhind placed in the top 10 of their events, and Katie Kushner finished eighth on the one-meter board in her first competition.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 NBC News Chief Wants New Canaan's Brian Williams Back On The Air
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI