NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The New Canaan-based Whirlwind Diving team got off to a good start for the season by grabbing seven first-place medals in the Lord of the Boards meet in Bridgewater, N.J.
Whirlwind also had seven runner-up medals and two third-place finishes in the 19 Junior Olympic events. In all, 19 Whirlwind divers placed in the top 10.
Divers from New Canaan led Whirlwind. Kylie Towbin and Anne Farly won both the 1- and 3-meter boards in their age groups. Claire Ross won the 1-meter board, while Bobby Ross had a second- and third-place finish.
Tom Kalinowski and Cameron Rhind placed in the top 10 of their events, and Katie Kushner finished eighth on the one-meter board in her first competition.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Two New Canaan Police Officers Honored For Life-Saving Actions