NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Salma Anastasio, a senior at St. Luke's School in New Canaan, officially signed Tuesday to continue her soccer career at Clemson University.
Anastasio scored 34 goals and tallied six assists in 17 games as a senior last fall. She finished her career with three straight seasons as an All-Fairchester Athletic Association, Connecticut Girls Soccer Coaches Association All-State, and New England Prep School Athletic Conference All-New England selection.
She joins Clemson, which competes in the Atlantic Coast Conference, one of the nation’s top women’s soccer leagues. Four of the top 10 and eight of the top 25 schools in this season’s final NSCAA Coaches’ Poll are ACC schools.
“I wanted to go for a great education and soccer program”, said Anastasio, a Trumbull resident who also expressed excitement to attend school outside of the Northeast.
Anastasio credits St. Luke’s with helping her become a “better, more productive” student and a better teammate on the the soccer field, and looks forward to taking these skills to Clemson to compete with some of the best soccer players in the nation.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 New Canaan Allstate Agent Michael Saunders Honored For Service
- 5 New Canaan Teen Earns Gold Award For Nature Activities At Hospital