NEW CANAAN, Conn. — The condition of New Canaan Police Officer Aaron LaTourette improved Wednesday after he was hurt in a motorcycle crash the day before, police said.
“Officer LaTourette’s condition has improved, and he is in good spirits. He will remain at the hospital for the next few days,” a department release said. His injuries were originally described as serious but not life threatening.
The officer was travelling north on Oenoke Ridge at about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday when a blue Hyundai Tucson attempted to make a left-turn and collided with the motorcycle, the release said. The vehicle was westbound on Country Club Road before the incident, the release said.
The driver of the Hyundai is a 62-year-old woman from Redding, the release said. There has been no mention about whether she sustained any injuries during the collision.
The case remained under investigation.
Read Tuesday’s story about the crash here.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website